Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hypocrisy in my home


My husband is the biggest hypocrite known to mankind. As a parent, you are supposed to lead by example. It seems my husband has the opposite theory. Apparently it is best for him to do the things he tells the children should not be done. Of course, while he is doing it, everything is okay.

A few days ago, he instructed my son for the 1,000th time that he should not play video games, as they are “no good.” He immediately takes the controller from him, and inserts his own game, and proceeds to spend 5 hours playing the stupid video game that he scolded the child for playing. What in the world is he thinking?! To me, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If my husband can play for hours, then my son should be allowed to do the same thing. Fair is fair, and I do not care if he is an adult or not. You cannot instruct without example. It is the equivalent of telling a child not to take drugs because they are bad, but the person is telling the child as he or she is consuming drugs! Or explaining to a kid why he or she should eat healthy as you are steadily consuming numerous candy bars. Sense is sense. 

Sometimes I feel that my son would do a better job of leading my husband than what he is doing at leading my son. Jamie (my husband) is constantly telling my son (Tyler) that he needs to pay attention more. Well, Tyler constantly sees Jamie not listening to a word that comes out of my mouth. How is that going to teach him to listen or to be more responsible? That’s just it-It’s not. Hypocrisy frustrates me to death- especially when I have to deal with it almost daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment