Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My review of 1102


How does one review an English class? That is quite a question! As with last year in 1101, I have thoroughly enjoyed English 1102, I am actually sad to see it end. As a whole, our class has had wonderful discussions-while not always sticking to the academic rubric, they are still quite enlightening! For 90 minutes twice a week, self-expression has been the name of the game-is that not what literature is supposed to be? I have learned quite a lot, I have found what I cannot get enough of literary wise, and I am in love with it! I am enamored with the fact that within each piece of literature, multiple analyses can be drawn; there is no wrong answer.

Through my many essays, I have learned that spell-check can be wrong, and do not trust any citation help center! I have realized that exclamation points are not required for every other sentence, and everything cannot and should not be a question.

I will miss the diversity of opinions and many backgrounds supplied by the few but yet sufficient peers of my class. They have managed to supply me with many hours of personal deliberation on my standpoint of multiple issues. I have a great respect for this particular group of individuals, and I hope that they move on to have bright and successful careers.

I cannot begin to express how wonderful I think Ms.Lindberg is. She is a magical woman, especially in the world of literature. I am grateful to have an instructor that is so enthusiastic about writing; it has instilled a desire within myself to read everything I can get my grubby little hands on! I know wholeheartedly I am a better writer because of her. Not long ago, I read my first college essay and compared it to my most recent; I was amazed with myself. I can truly say I learned something in English. Thank you for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment